Can you help us please?
As an active member of the parish community or a supporter of St Joseph’s and the Catholic faith.
Could you offer any skill or talents on a voluntary basis to help our parish and the people we serve?
There are some suggestions below, but we would be delighted to hear from you if you could offer to help in any capacity at all on a regular or occasional basis.
- Have you ever wanted to become involved with any of our Parish ministries (Reader/Welcomer/Choir/Musician/Children’s Liturgy/Altar Server/leading our children in a ministry)?
- Can you cook?
- Are you a tradesperson with building or other specialist skills?
- Do you have time available to visit housebound or sick parishioners in their homes? (No specialist knowledge required – just your time to sit and talk)
- Can you paint (painting and decorating or Artist?)
- Do you have experience of administrative or office work?
- Can you use a computer?
- Do you have professional skills or qualifications you could offer?
- Do you have Fundraising skills or experience?
- Could you offer transport to Mass on a regular or occasional basis?
- Most importantly – willingness to offer an extra pair of hands as and when required
Please note that for some roles you may need to undertake volunteers/safeguarding checks or a full DBS check – we would confirm this with you as and when required* If you think you may be able to help, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We will then contact you to discuss further details.
Nickola Scagell and Monica Trist
St Joseph’s Parish Volunteer Co-coordinators